I've been living with SLE Lupus for the last 20 years and it has taken me a long time to figure out on my own, from my own trail and error, which foods to feed or not feed my body. The top 5 foods for me to avoid and I think for others who are struggling with a chronic illness, especially those suffering with an autoimmune disease this information would be beneficial.
The top 5 foods to avoid are the following:
- Diary- A diary product is food produced from milk of mammals. Foods to avoid are butter, cheese, frozen desserts, ice-cream cakes and other frozen desserts, milk, non-dairy beverages, whey and milk powder. Milk causes inflammation in your body and it's detrimental to your immune system.
- Corn- No Corn, It's high in starch, which is a carbohydrate. It's the largest grain plant. Types of corn are dent corn, flint corn, pod corn, popcorn, flour corn and sweet corn. Eating too many carbohydrates are bad for your body.
- Sweeteners- Sweeteners are a substance used to sweeten food or drink, especially one other than sugar. Sweeteners not only cause cancer, but inflammation in the body, which in turn affects your immune system.
- Sugar- It's a sweet crystalline substance obtained from various plants, especially sugar cane and sugar beet, consisting essentially of sucrose, and used as a sweetener in food and drink. Sugar can basically poison your body and too much of it is very bad for you. It causes inflammation in your joints, which in turn causes a person to have a great deal of pain. Basically, it reeks havoc on your immune system.
- Gluten- It's a substance that is present in cereal grains, especially wheat. It has the texture of dough, which gives the quality of elasticity. It also has a mixture of two proteins, which causes illnesses in people with celiac disease. It's bad for people both with an autoimmune disease and people without an autoimmune disease.
I hope this information helps you. It has helped me and now I'm happy to say, I'm living a healthier life.
"Always smile and cherish yourself!"