During the month of March, the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association is celebrating National Autoimmune Diseases Awareness Month. Autoimmune diseases affects more Americans than Cancer and remains one of the top 10 killers of women under the age of 64.
Please take notice that of the 50 million of our friends, family, and co-workers who suffer every day with one or more of the 100+ autoimmune diseases and introduce you to the "We are 50 Million."
Did you know the following facts?
- 50 million Americans have an autoimmune disease comprising a major U.S. health crisis
- Autoimmune diseases target women 75% more often than men and they are one of the top ten killers of women under the age of 64.
- There are 100+ autoimmune diseases including: LUPUS, Crohn's Disease, Celiac, Addison's disease, Vasculitis, Vitiligo, Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), and Ulcerative Colitis
- Autoimmune diseases can be hereditary
- Less than 13% of American's can name an autoimmune disease
For more information please go to the website at www.aarda.org